Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Melville Intermediate - School Athletics

Students of Melville Intermediate School are busy preparing for our final sports event of 2011, the Inter Intermediate Athletics Competition, which is being held at Poritt Stadium, Hamilton in a fortnight.  Yesterday we held the heats for the 100m sprints where each classroom had to have four nominated Boys and Girls runners for the competition into random heats, top two students from each race advance towards tomorrows finals.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I am a student in Mrs.Braidwood's grade 7 class. I was wondering, how popular is track and field in New Zealand. It seems like the weather is right for it. I was also wondering, how is the weather in New Zealand compared to Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. My name is Josh and I'm from The Comox Valley in B.C., Canada. I'm in Mrs. Braidwood's class. I think you have fast runners and I would like to meet them so I could race them. It would be nice to go to New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again,
    My class did some things with you students last year about hand coordination games. I would like for my new class of second graders to see and try those and some of the Maori language. Will you be doing anything like that again? Also could your students teach my students about some traditions/customs in New Zealand? We are looking at holidays and traditions around the world.

    Mrs. Todd

    ReplyDelete